Chemistry is a scientific discipline. Through substantial scientific
experiences, the study of chemistry provides students with knowledge of what
chemistry is and how it contributes to a background of knowledge for cultural
development and understanding of the world. The study guides students in the use
of chemical facts, principles, and methods to solve social and technological
problems and to contribute to a better life The Department of Chemistry is one
of the pioneering departments of the University and has a faculty that is very
active in research and teaching. The Department, which has a great reputation in
several areas, is well equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation to support
its research. It is the goal of the Chemistry Department to provide students
with a solid foundation in the physical sciences while fostering a general
intrigue with the subject. To do so, we offer courses which include those
required for graduation along with many geared for students who have a strong
interest in science.
- The common purpose is to achieve the highest possible standards of
scholarship, teaching and research in chemistry and allied subjects.
- To encourage intellectual development and scholarship in and through
- To develop in students an awareness of applications of chemistry including
its practical, social and economic aspects such as health, agriculture, industry
- To develop and improve students practical, written and oral communication,
information retrieval, computer and problem solving skills.
- To encourage students to become effective independent learners.
- To develop in students the ability to work in groups so as to acquire
respect for human values.
- To encourage students to broaden their knowledge, to develop their own
capabilities and self confidence, to respect learning and to participate in
- On 2009 M.Phil. classes have been started.
- On 12th Oct 2005, the Department also started BS in Chemistry. Now the
department has more than 200 Students & 24 Faculty Members.
- Department has arranged two workshops on Gel electrophoresis and H.P.L.C
- Chemistry department students achieve 2nd and 3rd position in exhibition
under the title of ‘‘reuse of waste material’’.